I found this recipe in a wee cookbook called "The Soup Kitchen", published by herronbooks.com.au & purchased locally at kmart for only $5! I made this soup a few times now. I'm allergic to red onion so swap it out for white onion but the rest is ok by me.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 1tbsp fresh tumeric finely grated
- 2tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 8cups (2L) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (170g) adzuki beans, soaked overnight, drained
- 1/2 cup (80g) cannellini beans, soaked overnight, drained
- 1/2 tsp potato starch mixed to a slurry in 2 tbs cold water
- juice 1/2 lime + lime zest
- birdseye chillies + sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat olive & sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, tumeric & ginger. Saute for 10 minutes or until onion is lightly softened
- Add stock & beans, increase heat to high & bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Add potato starch mixture & stir until soup thickens slightly & becomes glossy. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve garnished with lime zest, chilli & sesame seeds.
Photo by Navada Ra: https://www.pexels.com/photo/bowl-of-soup-and-two-silver-spoons-1703272/